View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

There's so many things on this thread I so fondlyremember doing...

Walking barefoot everywhere....You could drive a nail in my heel and I probably would't have felt it.

Going to the beach everyday.

Body surfing...I still love it and I still get sand down my bathing suit, lol!

When I was younger, my Mom worked mornings. She would put chores on paper in a white porcelan hat and each week each of us kids would pick a chore that we would be responsible for for the week....The chores had to be done by the time she got home from work or we couldn't got to the beach.

Riding bikes(barefoot too; I broke my arm the first day of summer when I was 12 because I slipped on the pedal!) ...all the time. We'd ride to the library and get tons of great books to read.

Did anyone else have a truck that came around at night to spray for mosquitoes? It was a big truck with a fog of insecticide it would release from a hose on the side. We'd follow the darn thing on our bikes to get lost in the fog....all the neighborhood kids would do it. I can't believe we did; it's a wonder it didn't kill us.

Building forts, houses and farms with blocks with my brother on the side porch and playing with the little plastic figures for hours.

Barbies on the side porch if I played with my sister.

Catching butterflies and lightning bugs (we never called them fireflies)

Going to the boardwalk and on the rides for really special occassions.

When I was in high school I was a mother's helper for a family who had a memberhsip at a beach club. How cool to make money by going to the beach every day and having the ocean and the pool.

Kick ball and softball in the street

Sleep overs

So many fun things...I still love summer and I still get a sick feelign in my stomach when Labor Day comes!