View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 10:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

sorry kodris, i do understand how you feel, most of our addicts here are wonderful people who have been possesed by addiction. it is so hard to walk away when we know that they are so sick, so walking away would be your choice, and still after 21 yrs of my ah being active in his addiction, it is hard to walk away, but believe me it just came that time that i could not take anymore. no one is saying that you have to walk away, that is something that you'll have to decide. taking care of you first does not always mean that you have to walk away and seperating yourself from the drama don't always mean that you walk away forever if you decide to walk away. there is always hope, i'm a recovering addict myself with a few yrs clean, its up to you how long you are willing to wait and its up to her and her alone, how long it will take for her to make a decision to help herself.

why not for now, consentrate on what you can do to make yourself stronger and in a better place, then maybe you can see her and her addiction a little clearer. you don't have to make any decisions about her and her addiction today, try to focus on you for now. i'll keep praying that she finds her way really soon.,