View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 05:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

hi kodris, welcome to sr, sorry that you had to come here under these circumstances but glad you found us. there are a lot of caring people here who want to walk with you through all of this. the addict in my life is my hubby of 21 yrs, sorry to be the one to have to tell you this but there is nothing you can do for your addict outside of doing what you need to do to help yourself. addiction effect all who loves the addict and we the love ones usually needs help and recovery too.

here we recommend alanon and naranon meetings, maybe you can search your area for face to face meetings for yourself, they help a lot. read all you can here, pay attention to the little stickies at the top of the forum page and keep posting. there is also a good book, called codependant no more by melodie beady, i think thats the spelling, if not someone will be along shortly to give you better and more wise advice.

sorry that you are going through this and i'll keep you and yours in my prayers, stick around, help is on the way