View Single Post
Old 06-10-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
duet_4-8
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by drainedwife View Post
so he contacted you and violated the restraining order and they did nothing???
my ah got caught violating it once and they told him the next time its no bail and he goes to county jail...which is a big thing for us..its in a bad area and filled with not so great company...
Well, not exactly. He had to go to court on the contempt motions (which are a criminal offense), but after I waited for over a month for that hearing, it was postponed due to 'scheduling conflicts' and was rescheduled for the end of June.

So it isn't over yet, but the result that I wanted-being left completely alone-was acheived anyway for some reason. I think maybe seeing me and both of our adult sons standing together ready to testify against him had some impact......

I didn't exactly WANT him to go to jail, either, but I had to come to terms with the fact that it wasn't me that was 'putting' him in jail, it was him and his out of control behavior.

Most importantly to me, I came to the realization that if he did in fact have to spend some time behind bars, then that was what God had planned for him because of his behavior, and I have no business stepping in between him and God.