Old 06-10-2007, 10:26 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
minnie

QT, forgive me if I am picking up the wrong end of the stick here, but there's something puzzling about these two parts of your conversations.

Originally Posted by queenteree View Post
Then he said when he comes home he's going to keep in touch with Lisa, Christine, etc.
Originally Posted by queenteree View Post
He said he already told the women no exchanging numbers, and that the guys there made fun of him.
How was he going to keep in touch with them if he had already told them that he wasn't going to exchange numbers?

I have plenty of male friends that I have had for a long time and I would certainly not stop meeting them alone on occasion if I were in a relationship. We are friends, not potential lovers. And if, however unlikely, any of them did make a move on me, I have a tongue in my head to say "back off, buddy". And if my partner could not trust me and the strength of our relationship, then we're not right for each other anyway.

All that said, I am hugely aware of the power of group experience and the intensity of emotion and connection it provides. Heck, don't we experience it on here? So, I think it is imperative that the rules of same-gender only fraternisation that usually apply in rehab should be followed when one gets out as well.

Hope you've had a good weekend, QT.