View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 03:33 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Live

Thanks, dear one! Yeah, that is you BEST. Daggonit, I think the world of you!

Yeah, I agree...let the wise counsel of shelters and abuse support systems educate and guide!

But...and with me isn't there always a but....the statistics.....are really frightening!
Most women are killed by their husbands and lovers. Most of these are when they are trying to free themselves. When we start recognizing it, we are in the most danger. THIS is a gender issue. This is a fact.

Darn, I am sorry you grew up with any of this. I wish you hadn't. I like to think of you as.....don't hit me.....but one of the saints. I don't care how much you drank or what you did. I know you NOW.

I will argue and debate with you past time for the cows to come home but RESPECT, I always have respect for you. Why? Because of your integrity!

Y'know....I just married for the 2d time (first time 17yrs, 13 yrs single) almost 2 years ago. And my marriage is so sacred that by current standards I am a real prude.
Except for a couple of things that seem odd to others but not to us because we have 100% trust.

But when it comes to abuse......to be honest.....I think of being dead. I am lucky to be alive.! Crazier, I loved that man, I still love that man and after a long time of no contact we are respectful friends and we still love each other. I still love him! But safety first! I would only embarass myself telling how much and how long it took me to learn that!

But by becoming friends, I have learned ALOT. I learned alot about how he deals with people, and thinks, and his girlfriends. Holy cow! One tried to shoot him! And my friend emailed me about it right away and I knew he had instigated it! She has the prison/probation for it.

I'd ask forgiveness but I love too many vets to have such qualms......I wanted to shoot him many times to save my life and the only thing that stopped me was my daughter telling me she still needed her mother.

I think you know way way more about addiction and alcoholism than I will ever understand! I know so! But on abuse, I am pulling rank......we can't afford to see where the boundaries lies. Because it really may be a tombstone. THAT is what DV taught me!

I didn't want to leave.....I just had to. Against my will. Again, much like a substance addiction. I attended SR everyday counting my sobriety (no contact) and then moved 1000 miles away......because I didn't trust myself. Just like a newly sober person doesn't hang in bars.

Marriage is sacred. What God has joined together, let no man put asunder!

But in these abusive relationships, I have observed that it is unilateral.

See......I think neither one of us believes in divorce! But maybe we ought first to determine what marriage is?

I know LOVE is in Corinthians 13....wink, wink.

Okay.......I think this woman's life is in danger. Same as War. Same as WWII or Korea or Vietnam or.....

And, anyway.....I still love that man. I still tell him so. Not only was he abusive (#1), he was/is alcoholic and his heart is at 20%. He has all ready outlived his prognosis.
My husband and I are going to visit him in Aug/Sept.....if he is still alive?!

Corinthians.....love never dies.

But when you life is in danger you better at least shake the dust off your feet and leave town!

Thank you for hearing me!

love in innocence,
Tena