Thread: Marijuana
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 09:23 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Live

My beloved ex "son-in-law" was the addict type. A heart breaking story that broke up an engagement and a family and involved all sorts of lying, deceit, resentment, neglect and argument.

Nevertheless, I do see people smoke recreationally without any addiction or negative consequences.

I have ethics. I know it is illegal.

I would really, really be interested in knowing more about the statistics, culture, crimes, and drug habits of Holland. As Amsterdam is well know. How do things work out in other societies with other laws?

For example, I was astounded to learn while in South America from a dear friend from Columbia that chewing coca (sp?) leaves was like us drinking a cup of coffee.
The children chewed it like gum! No one thought anything about it.
Today's reality in Columbia........they were all working for us gringos....picking leaves for our cocaine and it was so abundant and well-paying that now none of those of that generation are adjusted for legitimate and low-paying jobs.

Anyway....I am interested in Holland. I found it to be a far more civilized progressive society....not sure where to look for the info I want.

just a couple of cents...and I picked up two pennies from parking lots today, so you can throw this two cents on the ground.

live