Thread: Marijuana
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 09:15 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Kimm992

Originally Posted by WantsOut View Post
I think we all know, or have heard of, people who really dig wine. They collect wine, they go to wine gatherings, go on wine vacations to visit vineyards, etc. There are people like that who are not alcoholics. They are people who love wine.

I think there are people who smoke pot who are like that. They dig pot.

What is the difference between someone who enjoys a substance and one who is addicted? We know it when we see it, don't we? It's hard to put into words. Is there damage? Is the family unhappy? Is the person harming him/herself? Can they go without it? Can they go without it without making a big show about going without it?

I am not a puritain - I think it's perfectly ok to use a chemical to feel good as long as it's not a problem. Three glasses of wine on a Friday night? Go ahead. Two joints at a party? Go for it. But growing in the basement today is as bad an idea as moonshining was during prohibition ... it's an illegal act that puts the family at risk.

Someone can take a valium one night and enjoy 12 hours of sleep and I don't have a problem with that. Ordering illegal valium on the internet cause you desperately want it? That's a problem.

ok now I'm just rambling.
Very well said.