Old 06-07-2007, 09:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
drainedwife

i dont knkow if im ready to file for divorce...

my lawyer says i should file for divorce at the same time i file for the permanent restraining order... this is to protect my financial interests.
the restraining order can only protect you so much...there are alot of loose ends with it. my lawyer says we can always drop the divorce complaint..it takes a while for it to actually start getting processed (few months usually) and during that time my ah could be ( i would hope) getting better by doing whatever it is he needs to do in order to do so.....
i just looked at all the paper work i need to fill out and i felt sick..plus my ah is going to tell my children that "mommy filed for divorce" i just know that he will do that..and that is playing the kids against me and is a form of abuse....
please help me to understand that i have to protect my kids and me first....that even though i may not be ready to go through with filing it is the best thing for me and the kids right now....
thanks.....for your words of wisdom..im scared, confused, and sick to my stomache!