View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 07:08 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
oneeyeopen
Awaiting Email Confirmation

good heavens, where to start...the flaws I need to work on (can't say I have managed to give any up, infact I feel like I just gain them)

Interrupting people -- not listening to them but instead, when they are half way through their thoughts I jump in and give them my take on things, like as if my opinion/view is so clever and smart and more important than theirs.

Self-centeredness -- this is a struggle because I tend to be rather self-centered, a trait I don't like, yet at the same time as part of our recovery we try to focus on ourselves. So I guess what I really need to do with this one is strike a balance between an appropriate amount of self-centeredness and too much.

low self-esteem -- big issue for me and creeps into everything -- (as in, I am not even worth as much as a rock of coke...)(realized that the other day -- I AM WORTH MORE THAN DRUGS!!!!)(that would be a step forward.)

worrying too much about money. and letting that worry make me slightly selfish and even at times conniving so that someone else will pay for something so that I won't have to spend the money on it...like always letting my mom pay for lunch or just standing there at a check out with the abf so that he will be the one to pull out a debit card.

yeah, control, control, control...

how about, getting into my PJs in the afternoon and not going out after that, hiding out at home and avoiding the world, watching tv as an escape...I really need to get out and live a little!

letting some of my favorite activities -- yoga, writing, and walking -- just disappear from my life..

Ach, the list goes on. I should print this out and hang it up and work on all of them!