View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 05:38 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
HKAngel24

Originally Posted by lightseeker View Post
All of the ones noted before me are applicable on a daily basis.

I am also working to improve my self-care. My boundaries are so fluid that I don't protect myself very well at times. I get blindsided by other's irritability/anger and bow up in my reactions to their moods.
This is SO relevant for me. I, too, am INCREDIBLY reactionary to others reactions and entirely focused on THEIR mood, words, love, affection, attention, validation, praise- (the list goes on!)- in order to spark a change in me. I do not want to have to wait for "conditions" being present to feel good about myself.

I am beginning to see how blindsighted I can be - sucked into others problems and drama that I will completely forfeit my wants, needs or my feelings to ride their wavelength and see their truth while promptly discarding my own. This is one of the biggest injustices I think we do to ourselves- not honoring ourselves first. DOING this though when you haven't for so long is also especially difficult- it feels wrong and the "After burn" of guilt and shame and whatever else bubbles up really breeds discomfort. I'm always apt to dive into the first negative emotion that comes my way because I'm use to this.