View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 12:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
thiskidknows

Depersonalisation:
A feeling that your body is unreal, changing or dissolving. It also includes out-of-body experiences, such as seeing urself as if watching a movie.

Derealisation:
The world around u seems unreal. You may see objects changing in shape, size, colour, or you may feel that other people are robots

I suffer with both of these at times, there part of the dissocaition group..when I've explained to my counsellor, that its like watching myself, my heads feels light, and I feel completely alienated to myself...I can see things happening but I have no control over what's happening I can't stop it, I tend to do this more now when I'm triggered by something. I still don't always know when its "happening" as I have amensia dissocaition as well, so I have a lot of void times (even without drinking)..for example the other week, I remember getting dressed, heading to work so it was about 07:15, but "coming around" sitting on my sofa and it was afternoon, I don't know and still don't know what happened, working with my counsellor, it seems I was triggered by a text message.

I will post about dissociation.

Lost x