View Single Post
Old 06-06-2007, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
xXBacktoBlackXx
tangled up in blue

My first meeting is tomorrow...

Hi everyone! =) I haven't posted in awhile, but I still read everyone's posts. I've been trying to make a lot of positive changes in my life and thought I would make an update post. I went to my first therapy appointment since school ended on Monday. It was in Indy and it actually went really well. I'm going once a week. I know that I need to join AA and I've been saying on this board for I don't know how long that I would. I finally got up the oomph to look up when meetings were in my town. There's a meeting tonight but there's a meeting tomorrow specifically for women, which I think would be better. Not that I have anything against men--not at all-- but, I don't want any funny stuff going on (haha, I don't know how else to word that), cause my heart can't take it right now.

I have no idea why I've been having so many positive changes, but I've been handling things a lot better. Yesterday, I went to visit one of my best friends that was in town. Her son and I used to date and he was there with his newly-wed wife and her kids. Normally, I would have freaked out about the situation, but I felt fine. It was a little sad, but that's it.

I also joined a runner's club with my mom to try and get my mind off of everything and our first meeting is tonight. AND my whole family is going to a Bob Dylan concert in July, which I'm way excited for AND an Amy Winehouse concert in August for Lollapalooza (Sp). I can't wait. And I recently started a diet that is a lot healthier than what I was eating when I was trying to curb cravings. I don't need to lose weight, but I want to get more energy. Typical alcoholic, though--I'm going all out for it. Always so extreme.

I hope everyone else has been doing well. I wanted to apologize for my "flip out" posts as I know they could be very extreme and over-dramatic. I feel like that was really self-centered and I apologize for that. I wish everyone the best. I'm happy to see the uplifting posts here and my heart goes out to those that are struggling, cause every day is also a struggle for me. Hugs.