View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 03:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
jsjohnson72

Thank you so much! I know what to do I just need to do it. I am not stupid I know he lies and I just need to walk away. I am going to re-read that book tonight. I am hoping that will help me let go. I just need to stay strong! My ex-boyfriend is an alcoholic, my son's dad I went through the whole drug thing went to his AA meetings with him and everything cried when he wouldn't go because I didn't want him to go back to jail. So it is obvious I am co-dependent. I need to figure out how to turn my life around so I do not have to deal with this anymore. I even went to counseling when I was with my ex-boyfriend to find out how to let go but she didn't seem to do anything for me just told me to read that book but never gave me any advice on what I should do. When I read the book the first time seemed it tought me how I was and probably stemed from something that happened in my younger years. Just need to know how not to pick these type of guys anymore. I am 30 years old I have a son that is 8 and a daughter that is 6 I really need to learn how to pick the right person. I know there is a lot of issues I have just need to figure out how to change maybe I need more than a book. I have never attended alanon meetings but thinking maybe that should be my next step along with having no contact what so ever with him. I am just scared of starting over. I really thought things were going to work between us. I guess I was wrong. Thanks for listening and I hope this message board will help me. It is really wierd and most people on here probably think the same thing I have my life together I am responsible, my kids are raised well, I have a good job and make good money but for some reason I find these losers that have issues and I try to change them when really it is myself I need to change to not attract these type of men.