Thread: Marijuana
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2007, 09:57 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
duet_4-8
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by Kimm992 View Post
Clearly no matter what I say on the subject (or anyone else who disagrees with you) I will be written off as being someone who is into the drug and "in denial" about it....so there really is no point in debating my side of this.
I'm sorry that you were offended, Kimm. I am coming in late here, but I just wanted to offer you this: this board is filled with people whose lives have been ripped apart by the addiction of a loved one. Most of us see any drug as the enemy, including pot. Many of our addicts, mine included, once 'only smoked pot'.

In the case of my ex husband, when he (and I) was your age I wouldn't have said he had a problem with pot, either. I would have defended anyone's right to smoke it and said it was not dangerous. I would just caution you, and this is said without criticism and with honest concern, that over the years a casual use of this drug can turn into a nightmare.

My exah is 53 now and spent every single day of his life up until he was about 47 stoned from morning till evening. A joint was his first thought in the morning and his last thought at night. He could not do ANYTHING without it. He went nuts when he ran out. He spent untold amounts of money on it and embezzled untold inventory from our business to trade for it. I believe he would have happily continued smoking 24/7 if not for the obvious smell of it. So he turned to opiates instead. Much 'cleaner' and less noticeable than smoking pot......

Now he has lost his home, his family, his business, and himself. I agree with others who say that a drug is a drug and has the potential to ruin many lives. Even pot.