Thread: Marijuana
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

Originally Posted by Kimm992 View Post
That said, I do know people who smoke everyday all day long and their lives seem to have gone nowhere because of it. I don't know why it effects some people differently than others.
Some people can drink alcohol and not get addicted to it and become alcoholics. Others cannot.

In my case, my XABF also had been a coke addict and had also used any sort of upper he could lay his hands on.. he was afraid of needles or I am sure he would done heroin. It is not the drug that makes the addict (in my experience) it is the addict beahvior that makes them addicts.

He used it all day every day. It was his band aid on life.

Ultimately MY issue with POT is that it is illegal and he was growing it in my house. I could have lost everything. ALL OF IT. He transported it across State lines and used WHILE DRIVING!!! I was IN THE CAR WITH HIM and it did not matter I did not know. Taking it across State lines is a felony!!! Growing it is a felony. Selling it is a felony! It is a violation to have a littel on you if you are caught in NY.

My X was an addict. He didn't tell me about his grow room. He was NEVER up front about his use. He KNEW I did not know and he did not CARE if I got in trouble. He didn't care about anything except making sure he had enough of this stuff.

It is still illegal and if you get caught it is still trouble.

And if you are like my XABF, you are and addict. At 52., almost 53, it is likely he will go to his grave as an addict.

As long as he is not anywhere near me, good for him.