Old 06-03-2007, 01:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
frankly
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((drained))

You live in Florida, I got a restraining order against my husband there. In my case there were no children by him involved, but I had my daughter from a previous marriage. I can only tell you what I know from my hearing.

The judge talked to me first. Wanted me to tell what was going on. I just told the truth. Then he asked him the same thing. Expect for your story and his to be totally different.

If the judge determines that a permanant injunction be placed on him, then he will address child support and a form of alimony until divorce proceeding or family therapy or something happens as an end result. They make sure that you aren't financially stranded and can't pay your house payment. It gives you time to do whatever it is you decide to do.

He will possibly be removed from the home, restricted from your work place and any contact. Visitation with the kids will be addressed as to weather or not there is any. It's very very important that you be totally honest.

I usually don't go into telling any one what they should or should not do. In your case, I feel compelled to venture beyond that. You and your kids don't deserve to live like this. I don't even know you, and I'm scared for you and your kids. When your daughter got involved, a line was crossed that never should be crossed. No matter how you feel about him, your kids need protection.

I don't mean to sound harsh here. I speak from my own mistakes. I should have put the restraining order against my husband long before I did, I should have protected my daughter, but I didn't see what was happening behind my back. The abuse that was going on. I'm not sure I would have believed it even if someone had told me. I was wrapped up in my cacoon of misery so much that I didn't see the damage. I loved my husband so much, I couldn't comprehend what he was capable of doing. I thought he was only hurting me. Hurting me for some reason was acceptable, forgivable, excusable. I was blind to what he was doing to my kids.

You have a job as a mother to protect your kids, you have a responsibility to yourself to protect yourself. You all deserve better.

Hugs and Prayers
B