View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 12:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Standard internet etiquette is that you do not talk _about_ other people. You direct your comments to the person who started the thread.

Standard internet etiquette is that if you disagree with somebody else's _opinion_ you just ignore them. When everybody ignores an opinionated person they get bored and move on elsewhere.

Standard internet etiquette is that it is _not_ possible to know another persons intentions because you can't see their face or body language or ask them to clarify their statement in the moment it is being said, which is why the first two rules are used.

The managent of this website has laid out the rules for this forum in the rules section. Among those rules there is mention that we will not share everything that we deal with in PM and email. For that reason we will sometimes have to take actions with a thread that may seem capricious, especially if we had to remove a number of posts that were downright insulting.

Based on the above it is clear that the subject of this thread has been hijacked into a discussion _about_ another member. That is just plain rude, as well as a violation of the forum rules. If you have a personal issue with another member bring it directly to that person's attention in PM. If that doesn't work for you then just _ignore_ that person. This is the internet, it is not a real life meeting or a real life room. You can just _ignore_ them and get on with your life.

Feel free to PM me all you want. I was busy today with doctors apointments and have some more tomorrow, so I won't be able to answer them right away. There is a lot of other stuff going on here on SR; people thinking of suicide, people trying to get off drugs and booze, people who's kids are getting abused, people getting beat up, people with terminal health problems. If I don't answer a PM right away it's because I have more important PM's to deal with, so please be patient.

In the meantime, this thread is closed.

Mike