Old 06-01-2007, 09:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
roandlan

going to bed, no drink, but yes unisom

Thank you guys so much for your help. I have checked out the withdrawal stuff; wow. Made it through the night, watched "Little House On The Prairie" with the fam. That Michael Landon is enough to drive ya to drink, I tell you what.

Good advice about a doctor's help- my doctor is clueless (plus this is an EXTREMELY small town full of fundamentalists who are already pretty suspicious of the city girl and her family- my youngest daughter is Chinese- we rocked the county statistics with our move here 2 years ago). I will have to go to Portland to get a good doc; and then isn't it on insurance records and such? I have high BP (wonder why) and take Inderal for that, am on vitamins 'specially B complex because of what I've read about deficiencies in alcoholics.
Good sites; thank you all for your care in not giving med advice (and not being sued) and especially because it seems like you mean it. I think it is going to be harder than I think.
Will invest in new cds instead of vodka this weekend, and if I have to have the 'flu and take to my bed with my computer- shoot, I get to keep some stuff secret, right? Vic Mackie, in response to "Don't you ever want to just come clean?" "No."
14 hours & counting, also taking the damn sleeping pills, thank you very much. I wonder how they'll work without the added fuel.