View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 06:10 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Live

Hi to each of you!

Wow, what a day! FIVE houses. Four is just right, 5 is a bit much. And we got hung up on our schedule because Edie is a wonderfully compassionate lady, so this one man just lost his wife and we lost over an hour doing his laundry for him. Apparently his wife used to iron his t-shirts and everthing but I told Edie I am not ironing. The laundromat provides laundry and ironing services. Real waste of time for 2 of us to stand around the washer and dryer when we have everything else done so I went outside phoned my dad and had a nice long talk with him. I know, I know, it was a really nice thing to do for him, but we also had 3 more houses to go. Plus she also has a full time pet sitting service and we stop along the route to walk dogs, feed cats, give them medicines, whatever.

But, GLORY, my headache did not come back. My back is tired, so I am laid back in the lounger on the ice pack and just really tired. I brought take-out home for dinner. Try to be a wife today!

Hubby has been and is very ill. That's a topic for another day.

The good thing about my job is that it is task oriented and I don't have time to think.
It's all about just getting it done.
But no, I don't feel like doing any housework when I get home. Yet, after cleaning others' homes I don't want to come home to a mess either. That's discouraging!

Blues, I got a chuckle at your list. Years ago I switched methods. I stopped writing down that long list of things to do and instead when I do something I write it down and check it off, hanging on the frig. LOL

Loves, what a dilemna! I have alot of questions but will hold them for now.

$1200 for a water pump?! That is outrageous!

And for all you vactioners....I hope you all have the very best time!

Right now I don't think I could be convinced to go ANYWHERE, but someday I want to see the Bay of Fundy.
I am lying. If I had the money I would go back to Argentina, I didn't want to come back to the States before.
Better if I take that Spanish class first tho'.

Ah, as much as I would love it, I think we will pursue more practical dreams.

I can't believe how late it is all ready. I ate at the restaurant with Edie and her somtimes bf before I brought home dinner.
So I get home in time to go to bed.

Oh well, I didn't schedule any extras for Sat....so I have the weekend only a day away! Hope tomorrow goes fast!
I may spend Sat lollygagging around with a cheap thriller book. Sounds really good right now!

Sorry this is so long, I am just trying to unwind. I go from running at as fast a pace as we can to, whew, it's over. But it takes a bit for my mind and body to slow down and get peace.

Hats off to each of you that come home and take care of children. I did it when I was younger but can't imagine being able to do all of that these days.

hugs,
live