View Single Post
Old 05-30-2007, 08:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
TexasGirl

Wow, I'm pretty impressed with the list you have come up with! I definitely agree that understanding why we do the things we do is paramount in changing them, yet I haven't been able to draw the parallels in my relationships thus far. I am so anxious to do so too! I go to Starbuck's or the park with my journal with intention to think, but I can't come up with it yet. I keep trying to be patient with myself because with other things that I needed to examine more closely, they eventually surfaced when the time was right. I get so inpatient with this self-examination stuff!!

It sounds like you are doing a great job of looking at yourself.

Originally Posted by LTD
Even though I rejected the concept intellectually, and even rebelled against it, it was programmed into me long before I had enough reasoning capability to dispute it.
Although my situation is different from yours, this is the same concept that I keep bringing up....logic versus emotion. My logical side knows so much better, but we are such emotional creatures that it becomes problematic if we can't understand our choices.

I too have been very casually dating a guy who is polite, very smart, somewhat attractive, and very sweet. I just keep putting him off though, and it is making me crazy! I want to understand what I'm up to ASAP (there's that inpatient thing again). He calls me and wants to see me every day. I can't figure out if he is too much or if I'm blowing him off too much.

This really is an ongoing challenge.

Last edited by TexasGirl; 05-30-2007 at 09:17 PM.