Thread: S.C. Check-in
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 08:12 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Lunapro

It's weird that no one was at an AA meeting on the holiday weekend. Around here they're very well attended. It's excellent though, that you didn't use it as an excuse to get high! If you need the fellowship, just try another one. I know how it is, though - it's hard when you get yourself all psyched up for something and then it falls through. Have you tried the online Smart meetings? They're not face to face, but might help in a pinch.

I had a great weekend. I'm amazed at how much better I feel physically now that I'm not drinking, now that it's finally gone from my body. I look forward to exercising now, and I've been getting up early to walk before it gets too hot. There's nothing more beautiful than summer mornings.

For whatever reason, I didn't really get any strong cravings this weekend. I suppose I should consider myself lucky.

After reading zencat and Angulimala's recent posts, I've become intrigued with Buddhism, and have been reading a book on meditation. I'm almost ready to give it a go. Whee!