View Single Post
Old 05-29-2007, 03:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
stilltryingkal

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
Sometimes it's not just the addiction. Sometimes it is just how a person is.

Many go from relationship to relationship, sex is what they want, not committment. It is the conquest, something to brag about to their buddies.

In either case, addiction or just being a jerk, or a combination of the two, it is a character flaw, one that leaves nothing but hurt in it's wake.

Healing takes time, it is hard to face the truth, "This is not working". Keep your resolve, make new memories, get out, circulate, make new friends.
Perhaps we should ask why do we want the A back in our life?

There are a few good posts here on this subject. But for everyone who has been on the receiving end there is a reason(s) why he/she is on that receiving end. It's not a nice place for us to be.

For me I started asking myself why am I getting all this crap? What am I doing to deserve this? What am I getting out of this negative unhealthy relationship. Why do I accept this? Why Why Why?

There is always a reason why a person stays with an A and there is always something we are getting out of it. It's not easier to look at the truth of ourselves. It's NOT NORMAL to be in a relationship like this - it's not a real relationship - it's an abuse fest - for both parties.

For me it's a party I don't want to be part of. For me there is so much more to life than loosing myself to another person. Karen