Thread: S.C. Check-in
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
tyler
Not all better, getting better

Well I decided to give AA meetings a shot. I would love it if we had SMART or Lifering meetings here, but the fact is we don't. Maybe when I get a little further along I'll try to start one, but for now I gotta play with the cards dealt to me.

I would actually perfer NA, but there are only a couple of meetings here, and they are a 30 mile round trip. Gas is $3.40 a gallon here, and I'm working for my folks doing odd jobs. There are 3 AA meetings a week within 10 min of my house, so given my binge drinking, which has been getting worse, I decided I'd give AA a shot.

There was supposed to be a meeting tonite, but nobody showed up. My folks thought maybe because it was Memorial Day, but holidays are a real trigger for many alcoholics, so I don't really think that was the case.

On the plus side, I did show up, I waited until 5 min past the start of the meeting time and I'm going to try agian on Wednesday. In the past I would have let this be an excuse to drink or smoke, but I just came home and am hanging out here for a bit. I'll call that some progress!!

One of the treatment programs I took part in was a Holistic program. While it did use the 12-steps as a basis it also stressed the importance of nutration, vitamins, meditataion, massage, yoga, exercise, therpy, and medication if necessary. I am going to try to actually use some of these things my folks paid 8 grand for me to learn!!

So that's where I'm at...how about you????