View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 04:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
faithhopelovejr

If he poses a threat to himself or someone else, then he can be held for 3 days or longer in a detox facility in the state of texas. i once heard a story of a man who actually lied to authorities to manipulate the system just to get his son into treatment. it worked.

It's true though that if they don't have the will, even once sober (detoxed) the chance of early relapse is greater. My XAH agreed to go to rehab for an undetermined amount of time (usually 30 days), but in retrospect I see that he was more concerned about "doing his time" in there, instead of actually learning how to stick to a plan that works once he was out. He relapsed about 2 weeks after being out. We are now divorced and he's sank deeper into pain pills.

Also he's under a court order that states his ex wife can demand a drug test before or after he has visitation with his 2 girls. That whole idea is a JOKE. They know all the tricks to getting a clean test. The system really doesn't do anything but create a minor obstacle for the addict. They are experts at manipulation.