View Single Post
Old 05-25-2007, 11:39 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Jewelz
Just plainly tired

Glad the meeting went well.. I used to go to naranon meetings a couple of years ago. All of the people there were "old timers" they related to me and it always felt good when I left but I used to wish that there were people my age at the meetings so i could relate more. But the time and place of the meetings were are so inconvienent for me that I can't go anymore. You would think that me living in nyc there would be plenty of meetings in the boro I live in... esspecially this boro I live in in the bronx...there are drugs all over the place, every corner, every place you look but no meetings.

My first meeting I was so scared just standing outside of the church and this man walked up to me and asked what meeting are you going to I said naranon, he said he was part of NA. I didn't know what to say because at the time in my head I looked at him like the enemy. He looked at me and said dont worry your in a safe place, I know how you feel, my first NA meeting I felt like I had cement on my feet but it gets better just go in. If it wasn't for that man, recovering addict I probably would have never gone inside.

Thanks for the reminder Cindi...

I gotta be honest here I am worried about teke.

Jewel