View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 05:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
mjs

I always thought that there had to be a spiritual or nonmaterial source of every thing material until I read the God Illusion by Richard Dawkins. It sparked a crisis of faith in me that continues to this day. There are many excellent posts on this book under the thread of the same title here on sr. While he needlessly attacks all spirituality I have not read anything that comes close to refuting his underlying logic. What possible chance is there that everything in the cosmos is just here without a grand designer behind the curtain to at least put everything in motion ? Quite high according to Dawkins. With an unlimited and never ending (or beginning) supply time it becomes a very different question. I also never knew that material can come into existence out of a complete void or vacuum. Put these two together and voila...I am less sold on the idea that the designer couldn't be there in any manner because if anything is possible with this never ending supply of time than everything is possible. Including a designer.