View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 05:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

The real deal for me is….I just don’t have any interest in God/ HP or the like. I like a good story as much as the next guy but , that’s all it is to me, a good ole story that helped out people in the past when that sort of thing made sense to them. Sure, it still makes a compelling account of how everything works and plenty of people believe in it still. It just doesn’t add up anymore as far as I’m concerned. The modern explanation of how the whole shebang gets on, astronomy, physics, biology and on and on, has enough information for human beings to either live in concert with everybody/everything or blow the whole deal to smithereens. I don’t believe I need the stories of God to tell me that anymore. As for the mysterious, the unexplained…that makes good science fiction and such. Frankly I don’t want to know it all….I like a good mystery, it puts some excitement into the day. Bottom line, God/HP…good, bad or indifferent, doesn’t resonate very well with me. God was a good way to show people around, back in the day but, I like finding my own way around.

I’m sure there are some holes in my explanation, just like the ones in my brain from years of relentless drug abuse. That’s ok with me. I get along exceedingly well with what I have, right were I’m at and it just gets better every day in every way. I may not know much but I know where I going and that’s way, way cool….thanks for letting me share.

Oh….. one more thing, the HP deal, if that’s supposed to humble me, help me shed my ego or I don’t care what….I don’t like that idea either. I’ll be pleased to find another way to do the same thank you… Zen is cool for this cat. I don’t have to throw me away to find me. I can start with what I got and go from there… thanks Emily, I hope this helps….peace be with you, in every day and in every way…. Ta-Ta for now.