View Single Post
Old 05-23-2007, 06:53 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Live

anvil,

I always get a little wiggy before a vacation....like I need to put everything in order as if I might not come back. (About the only time I actually have things in order!)

Blues,
I limit myself to just a few threads, things that don't bring back head-spinning. I try to stay out of my head and just live. Today is a brand new day.

I am still babying my back....since I am working part time on a flexible schedule I don't see the sense of working 4 hours, throwing out my back and turning what I just made over to the chiropractor and the gas tank. I am fantasizing about digging into that guest room that has become a storage room. We don't need a guest room...so out goes the bed, but I can't get to it without clearing out a bunch of stuff. Rolls of carpet, tools, you name it.
We had a rental storage unit but cancelled it....what to do with all that stuff.
Plus husband's mother just passed and we brought home a carload of stuff.
I look in that room and think....quick, close the door!
So...I play a game with myself...a couple of them actually.....in one I time myself so that I realize that usually I have spent more time worrying about it than it takes to do it. In the other I say 15 things...like with putting away laundry...and by the time I get to 15 I am engaged in it enough to just keep going. Sure signs of a procrastinator, eh? LOL