View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 09:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
CE Girl

I honestly believe that the A would detach the same way that we do!
LIGHTBULB!!!!!!

Let me try to make your day a little better by telling you YOU ROCK RELLA!!!!

I totally agree with that statement. I've seen it actually. While still in my codie disease as my A was attempting another "recovery". There would come a point, where I would feel I was more of a hinderance than a help. And while he never said it, I knew he felt that way too, and yes, in fact, he would "detach" and take care of his own business. I remember thinking back then, geez, i hate it when he's sober, thinkis he's "better" than me and won't "share". Hey, cut me some slack, I was SICK,,,lol

I also agree that we are ALL "normal". Well, as much as we can be,,lol. Anyone who knows me, will tell ya, I ain't. But thats cause I'm a renegade injun and they're an endangered species,,lol. Has nothing to do with my "disease". As "normal" has nothing to do with an A's disease. Probably not the right choice of words. Only mearly pointing out, how each of us can view relationships differently.

By the way. Your post reminded me of something I once heard in a support gourp I attended after the death of my husband. It was from a widow who had lost her husband after a brain anuerism (sp). He died instantly on their kitchen floor. He was 38, she 34. They had 4 small children, all under the age of 5. As she was telling her story, she said, "how sad does sad get?"

I think its perfectly NORMAL for you to have sad sometimes Rella

Peace and LOVE