View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 05:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jwife22

because a adult male will not stand for it.It drives a man compleatly insain , he can only take so much, he realy realy wants to and needs to have sex with you. he had to just get on with his life and sort of get cold to you if you are not going to give it up.
This is not always true.....you find someone who shares in your belief of waiting until you are ready. There is nothing wrong with the way you are doing things. IMO, and for me, sex ties a woman emotionally to a man. Even more emotionally tied to him than you already are. Don't buy into this statement IMHO.

Either way, we all know the feelings you are having....its painful and its hard to deal with. I think part of my codependency was that I couldn't handle HIS rejection of me. Back when I was doing all those crazy things and making a bunch of idle threats, it just about killed me for HIM to tell ME, that if I wanted a divorce to go ahead and get one. For me, it was because I thought that if he'd just quit taking drugs, things would be perfect between us. I didn't think there was ANYTHING wrong with me. But you know what, he's clean now and he's been clean for a while and it didn't take care of all the problems. It was only a start.

Pick up the book Codependent No More by Melody Beatty. Its a very good read. Also, check out the stickies on top of the board and stick around. Keep posting with your questions.