Old 05-20-2007, 08:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ConcernedBigSis

Probably completely OT but I'd appreciate some opinions

Tomorrow is my father-in-laws funeral. I've been dreading this day all week, for the obvious reasons. But there's another reason too. My mother-in-law. This woman, in the four years that I've been with RAH has been nothing but a real b*tch to me. She disregards EVERY rule that I have for my children, treats me like I'm half ******** when she can be bothered to speak to me, avoids me most of the rest of the time, talks down to me... ok this could go on forever... lets just say she's a b*tch. The night that Dad passed away she was nothing short of her usual self. She marched into DAD'S house and proceeded to tell his girlfriend "I just want you to know I WILL be at the funeral". No, I'm sorry for your loss.. nothing along those lines, she was just rude to Dad's girlfriend. This made me furious, I mean the woman came home from work to find the man that she loves dead on the bathroom floor, couldn't she show a little respect and decency? When I arrived, as usual, she couldn't be bothered to acknowledge me. Yet when we went to RAH's grandparents house, she sat down beside me and proceeded to ask my daughter stupid questions "Is mommy mean to you?""does mommy spank you all the time?" "does mommy not let you have toys?" What the H*LL!!! That just completely crossed the line. Here we are all sitting there mourning our loss and she starts pulling crap like that. Honestly, had we not been in the presence of RAH's grandparents I would've let the woman have it... all four years of it. She NEVER comes around or spends time with the kids, yet at any family get together she acts like she's around them 24/7. She actually had the nerve to make my grandmother cry at our wedding; our daughter was sitting with my grandma and she started to fuss a bit, well mommy dearest marched right up to my grandma and yanked my daughter out of her arms and very rudley told my grandma "I'M the GRANDMA, I can calm her down". She again made my grandma cry at my son's 5th birthday.
I guess my concern is, she's going to start the same ol' crap at Dad's funeral. I know it without a doubt. It's neither the time nor the place for her sh*t, and I'm certainly not in the mood. RAH says I need to talk to her and tell her how I feel or she will never stop, and that he's behind me 110% when I do. BUT, I'm afraid that tomorrow I'm going to just flip out and let her have it. I certainly don't want to do this at Dad's funeral... but I've had enough and refuse to take another moment of her crappy treatment. What do I do?!