View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 10:55 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

and only reflects my views but I have been thinking a lot on this subject lately. We say that the addict lives in darkness. We talk about them finding the light and us too. A HP can restore us to sanity. That our HP is there waiting for us to seek the light. So is the other side "the devil". I believe that addiction is the devil on earth. Addiction is living in hell, losing your soul. The addict talks about the "hole in their soul" that needs to be filled with something and that something is a drug that steals what is left of their soul. Would welcome others opinions on this. Seeing the life my daughter is willing to live and the things she is willing to do to get her drug, I have to think that there is evil there somewhere. Marle

ps. I almost didn't post this because I hate to make reference to the devil. And I do believe that addicts are sick. I know that science has shown this. But if a HP can restore them to sanity, then is not the insanity caused by evil to begin with. I also believe that when I start to hate the addict I am buying into evil thinking too. Don't know but would be interested to hear others opinions.
Marle what a great thread!!!

As a recovering alkie/addict for many years now I have often said, "I don't have to worry about going to hell when I die, I have already been there through the years I drank and used."

I can tell you that there is hope for your daughter, honest. Unfortunately she has to find her own way. That is part of the hell of addiction. As much as others (family, spouse, friends, etc) want to help us, they can't. I personally had to take this affliction to the max, I knew I was going to die, if I stayed drinking and using, and I knew I was going to die if I tried to stop (withdrawals), but decided I wanted to die sober and clean.

So..............I have you and your daughter in my daily prayers, hopefully real soon she will take HP down off the shelf and ask for help.

Love and hugs,