View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 09:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by marle View Post
and only reflects my views but I have been thinking a lot on this subject lately. We say that the addict lives in darkness. We talk about them finding the light and us too. A HP can restore us to sanity. That our HP is there waiting for us to seek the light. So is the other side "the devil". I believe that addiction is the devil on earth. Addiction is living in hell, losing your soul. The addict talks about the "hole in their soul" that needs to be filled with something and that something is a drug that steals what is left of their soul. Would welcome others opinions on this. Seeing the life my daughter is willing to live and the things she is willing to do to get her drug, I have to think that there is evil there somewhere. Marle

ps. I almost didn't post this because I hate to make reference to the devil. And I do believe that addicts are sick. I know that science has shown this. But if a HP can restore them to sanity, then is not the insanity caused by evil to begin with. I also believe that when I start to hate the addict I am buying into evil thinking too. Don't know but would be interested to hear others opinions.

I pretty much agree with this. I wasn't in church to much when I was little, I was back and forth to much I guess or I'm not sure why we stopped going.
I remember hearing a lot of talk about God and the Devil when I was younger,
and it completely reminds me of drugs. I don't know if you remember my
thread, Eve and her apple, but that's why I titled that, I had just found another bag of meth that day.....
Towards the end of my meth use,
The way I began to think... luckily there was enough of me to realize that it was
not right, and it scared me, the thoughts that were just popping in my head.
Those were things that just "Were Not Me"... That was a huge part of what gave me the courage and the motivation to just quit... Those thoughts scared me.
Were they the devil and God at work? or just my brain? I've often wondered that.