Old 05-20-2007, 01:50 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Noah812

Just my thoughts. For those of you who have been scuba diving you went through training. Over a short period of time you found yourself in a swimming pool with your gear on ready to go under water and breath. I did this too when i got my license it was crazy. All I had to do was go underwater with my air line in my mouth and breath. I was in a safe, controlled enviroment (swimming pool) in 4 foot of water. I was doing fine until I tried to breath and my brain refused, "no way". My mind/body was programmed that breathing under the water was not normal. I sat there and pysched myself out in a few uncomfortable moments into breathing in and was soon after having a great time doing nothing on the bottom of a pool. My point is it is as much thier mind as it is thier body that rejects not having drugs. In my mind, no air, breathing underswater, im dead or i stand up. I did breath and taught my body you can breath again, even underwater with the right tools. Now for addicts, I think, its like myself being underwater, sorta. Addicts have been reprogrammed by drugs (proven by science) and what you see as life, is not what an A sees life as anymore. The drugs are esentially the equal to our air until they are retaught how to breath without them. This is simplistic but try holding your breath and you will see the results. One it is very uncomfortable but your body's self defense mechanism, pre programming, will not let you die. Your body makes you breath and I think it is similiar in the sense and addicts body and mind has been reprogramed and it will not let the addict do without what it thinks it needs, to survive. Addicts are a computer program totally run amok and they have to be reprogrammed and given the tools to breath without the drugs. Maybe the A is not ready to be reprogramed, to be redefined as who they know themselves to be now. Self preservation whether good or bad is programmed in the best of us and the worst of us.

Last edited by Noah812; 05-20-2007 at 02:09 AM.