Old 05-19-2007, 07:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by Wascally Wabbit View Post
What's even more confusing about addiction is when they finally WANT to go to rehab, and get kicked out.
This happend with my son.
He really does not understand why they kicked him out. The people said "he's just not ready". He wasn't following the curfew rules. He was very happy there.
But, he disobeyed the curfew rule and was immediately kicked out.
I dunno, I think they kick people out too much. This is different... but kind of the same when I was in treatment for my e.d. I was in one of the top e.d. treatment
centers, they have one of the highest success rates. Let me tell you they were/are
so strict with you when you get there, and while you are on levels 1-3, especially
1 & 2, you are "treated like you have an e.d." you are followed to the bathroom,
and "watched" embarrasing as all hell, yes, but they do what they have to do,
you eat with a nurse, etc. when you mess up, you get called on it big time, but never once did anyone get kicked out, and people that I was in with did some
pretty whacked stuff, they just didn't do that. They knew when you went in you weren't capable of taking care of yourself that is why you were paying them thousands of dollars.
lol, I even ran away after or in middle of a horrible group session, arghh,
and the owner of the place found me it was in the middle of nowhere,
they brought me back, and I just got therapaptized by a million people, and
watched like a hawk, but not kicked out. omg, I would have been devasted
if they kicked me out, I was just completely overwhelmed and had never
dealt with emotions like that before... it was too much for me..
(and they knew that)

I recently watched a documentary of 5 girls at an ed treatment center, they treated them more like drug treatments do, they were free to leave, they could eat if they wanted to or not, bathrooms were open, they got away w/ alot of stuff, then they kicked one of the girls out, this is at a famous e.d. hospital....
All 5 of those girls relapsed either the day they got home, or within the week.
And they are all still doing bad (all but one).

Just seems to me that possibly for some it may work if they were more strict with them in the beginning at least. If you give people rules they will follow them, if you enforce them hard enough. My ed hospital was so hard core but it save my life.
I hated that place so bad the first week I thought I was going to die, lol, everyone does, but you end up loving it...

I dunno, I could be wrong, just a point of view..