View Single Post
Old 09-29-2003, 07:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Cecilia

I dont give this to just anybody but since you all have been so nice. BUT. You have to take an oath to not tell I used a box mix.
I usually make all my deserts totally from scratch. This could ruin my reputation if it got out. Whats left of it. LOL.

Chocolate Kahlua Cake With Fudge Icing

Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the following in mxing bowl and blend well.

1 box 2 layer chocolate cake mix with butter
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 pkg 8 serving instant chocolate pudding
4 eggs
3/4 cup Kahlua
1/2 cup water
optional 1 tablespoon instant coffee
optional 1 & 1/2 cups chopped walnuts sprinkled on top.

Pour into greased and lightly floured 10 inch spring form pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until it springs back lightly when touched. I always put nuts on top cause I like them toasted and its easier for the people who dont like nuts to pick them off.

While cake is still warm in pan poke holes in it. Mix the following and pour over cake.

1/4 cup Kahlua
1 cup sifted confectioners sugar

Allow cake to cool in pan for at least 2 hours before removing from pan. Then ice with the fudge icing. Cake is better after it sits and the Kahlua has melded. I usually make the cake one day, ice it the next, and then serve it the next. Also you need to keep it in the fridge or the icing gets too soft.

Fudge Icing

1 cup sugar
1 cup heavy cream
4 squares Bakers unsweetened chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
optional 1 tablespoon instant coffee

Bring sugar and heavy cream to a boil in pan over medium heat. Stirring constantly. Reduce heat and add instant coffee if chosen. Simmer gently for 6 min. Remove from heat. Add chocolate and stir until melted .
Blend in butter and vanilla. Chill untill mixture begins to thicken. Then beat untl thick, creamy and spreadable.