Thread: Feeling Stupid
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 02:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
rozied
rozied

You certainly are in the right place & know this right off................ It is not your fault. I read your son is 18 my SA started using when he was 21. I can tell you the same as everyone else did if he is addicted to drugs don't enable him. The more you help an addict the worse things get. They never learn unless they are left to experience ALL the consequences of their actions, and I MEAN all of them whatever they are. My SA is now 40 yrs old & I believe the reason he is still addicted is because my elderly parents have never stopped enabling him. I think they have finally reached their bottom & are done with him now but the longer it goes on the harder it is for the addict to start over. The mistakes they make while addicted get more serious the longer the addiction goes on. Many of our members have children who have records. Alot of them lose their drivers license. It is hard for an addict to start over with so many strikes against them. It can be done but as I said the longer the addiction goes on the worse things get.
Keep coming back. There are terrific people here.
Diane