Thread: Feeling Stupid
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 01:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
marle

Don't let one person's opinion affect how you feel. This person has their own issues. I know that I grew up with a violent, alcoholic dad. My mom did the best that she could under the circumstances. I have never ever blamed my parents for my choices in life. If your son is having problems dealing with life, he is old enough to get the help that he needs to make his life better. You can look back and see everything that you think you did wrong. But at the time you were living it, you did the best that you could. Your son needs to experience life for himself and maybe being on his own and paying for himself and his choices will teach him that people are human, we make mistakes and that he must own his own life and stop blaming you for what you did or did not do. He knows that he is screwing up and it is so much easier to lay the blame on you, lay the guilt on you, then to take the responsibility that he need to do to grow up. Don't take on things that are not yours to own. Everyone has choices and right now he is not making good ones. The positive thing is that he is young and can turn things around, but if you provide him with all the comforts he really has no reason to do it. Hugs, Marle