View Single Post
Old 05-18-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
atalose

I just don't understand how he could shift so drastically from loving me to not being in love with me.
That's what addicts do: there is a sticky titled What Addicts do, you should read that it may help you understand this more.

I think many of us have some codependency issues and those issues seem to help keep us glued to the addicts even though we knew it's not healthy for us. Those same issues are clouding your thinking that this is your fault that he fell out of love with you. The truth is he fell farther in love with his drugs and it has nothing at all to do with you.

Your thinking he will find someone else, in his condition who would want him, maybe someone also in addiction? And that person is not going to cure him or make him into the prince charming you once knew. He is going to need alot of help and clean time to get any where near the person you once knew and it doesn't appear he wants that for himself. I think it's natural to think someone else will enter the picture and they will get everything we had hoped we get from them. But the truth is even if someone else did enter the picture they are getting is an active addict who can't love themselves let alone anyone else.
I do understand your feelings are hurt and this is so confusing but it has nothing to do with you or loving you, please keep telling yourself that.
you said your gut told you it was drugs, always listen to your gut and listen alot. I think you do know this is all about drugs but a part of your heart feels it's about someone else or something else pulling him away from you. It's the drugs and that prince charming you once knew may never ever return, are you willing to wait around to see if it ever happens?
The need you have to see him is a comfort to you in some way. You need to find another way to bring that kind of comfort to yourself without having to see him. At this point if he's not attempting to call you or see you then what are you really holding onto to???
You can find comfort here and so much support, i hope you stick around here for awhile.