View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 12:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
raerae6

addict ex-boyfriend calling me

Hi, I have read every post on here and i have learned so much and seen that i have not been alone in my situation. I got involved with my ex over 3 years ago. He told me he used to have a crack problem, but he didn't use anymore. He was not sober from pot and booze, though. After about 9 months he started using crack again. He got real out of control and he went to rehab voluntarily twice in one year, but he relapsed right after. Then he went to jail twice-the longest for 4 months and relapsed right after. When he was using, he would steal, lie, pawn things to get money-then be sorry after. He can be the sweetest person when he's sober, but he put me through hell the rest of the time. Why do addictions get worse after every relapse? I would get my hopes up after each rehab or jail. While he was in jail last time I read "codependent no more" and saw myself on almost every page. When he got out of jail, I told him that I could not live with him-he found a job and got roommates. He was using, but we were seeing each other, but then he stopped calling and I had reason to believe that besides the drugs, he was seeing someone else. So I adjusted to the fact that it's over. After about 2 months I was getting over him real well-then he starts calling me again! Saying he misses me, etc. I know I'm better off with out him, but I have always had such a weakness for him and this is making me think, "maybe we could be friends or something", but I think it's probably better if I don't see him, maybe I should not even answer his calls. He owes me money still and said that he has been clean lately- (from crack-not weed and drink) and wants to start paying me back. I don't think he will (his words never match his actions) I think he is just trying to lure me back with promises of money. I would really like some encouragement or advice. Thanks.