Thread: 28 day programs
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 10:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Lobo

Maybe you girls can help me. Around here everything is a long waiting list to get into rehabs. In the meantime you could die trying to get in. What if you don't have medical insurance. I had to send my AD to expensive rehabs because they were the only ones who would take her right away and without insurance they were happy to take my cash. What I am saying is, if my AD came home today and said I want to go to rehab, it just wouldn't happen. Then you have the waiting period and by then she might have a change of heart. I would like to take action right away, but here in Pgh. I haven't found that to be possible. She has always had to go out of state.
Maybe I just don't know the right buttons to push. If anyone has any help on this, please let me know so if the time would come I would have somewhere to go with her.

I also think 28 days is not enough time. The last time my AD went away she had a 3 month program. If I could have afforded more she could have stayed longer.

Thanks for your help, girls. Keeping you in my prayers Parentcovers so when you and your daughter reunite it will be all good.

Hugs............Lo