Thread: off topic
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 06:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
WENDYLOST101

itiswhatitis, I was thinking the same thing. I saw some pretty big and deep window boxes at wal-mart I think I will get this weekend.

Jewelz, It really was simple. We bought a few packs of seeds and a small bag of organic potting soil and voila. I did not think it would work but it did. I just got one of those styrofoam egg cartons, poked some holes in the bottom for water drainage put a little dirt in, put the seeds in then some more dirt and been watering sparingly and giving sun light and they finally popped up. I know you live in an apartment, so this would be ideal for you. I am glad I could help. Actually thank the worker at walmart. It was her idea. My son just absolutely loved it. I bet your daughter would. Michael is not quiet old enought to enjoy it yet I dont think.

Cinder, I bet yours would grow twice as fast as mine did. You seem to have a nack for stuff like that.

I am just so excited about it. Watching something grow that I planted is so fulfilling. Its almost like when I look at my son and say to myself, "I did that."