View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 12:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Barbdee

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
just remember mom, yes you may have stopped paying surcharges, but who is responsible for them being there in the first place???? this IS his court appearance, for HIS past transgressions.....i may be a lone voice here, but i'd say especially since he has five months clean now, he doesn't need his mom going with him.....his sponsor maybe.

worst case scenario, his license is revoked....he can no longer keep the job that requires driving.......so he'd have to get another job. life doesn't grant us special favors cuz we get clean.....the BEST thing for our recovery is to face life on life's terms and simply deal with it......

in my less than humble opinion......
Anvil...I disagree, he has worked soooo hard to get where he is that I really believe that should be taken into account.
If his license gets revoked, he goes back to square one....gets kicked out of his Oxford House, and I'll be back to supporting him again.
We all know he was responsible last November, but so much has changed since then. And I do think that he should get some kudos for getting clean. Hopefully the judge will agree.
I know we all have to deal with it, whatever the outcome. That's why I'm asking for advice....to help the outcome, if possible. Guess I'm doing the controlling thing again...a true codie?
I'm trying to do the "secret" thing and just "know" that it will all work out fine, but since we got back from FL, we lost our biggest business account and our 40 yr. old shade maple tree died within 2 wks. Not sure our biz can survive w/o that account. Our grad party will be crappy with no shade. So I'm going to watch the Secret DVD again and try to get "positive". Oh and the grad's new job with Sony Imageworks (the Spiderman 3 people) is postponed until the fall....no new productions to bill his job to. REALLY need to watch the secret again...Janet, where are you? :-)
Thx, Barb