View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 08:06 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

i'm watching my 14 yrs old daughter, and my 16yro son, they both seem to be handling this whole thing ok with their dad, i'm sometimes concerned with my son, he is such an inward person sometimes, he plays playstation all the time closed up in his room, i think its a bit much and i'm not sure if he is doing well but seems to me that it could be that he is sort of addicted to this thing. i don't know whether its the playstation or the fact that he is looking for way to detach. he sometimes seems so much a loner, but when his bro, my stepson comes by and sometimes stay the night, he seems to blossom but then they both just hang on the playstation. the older bro is 24 but spend a lot of time with them both when he's around. don't know if i have something to be concerned about, what do you think.

my daughter stays in her room a lot but she is more open and seems to be really happy at times. my son seems happy at times but also seem distant more so than my daughter. they haven't grown up much around dad, they say that they are used to him not being around, so i'm wondering if i'm being overly concerned or it just me feeling i have to do more to make their lives a little better.

my son don't have a lot of friends in the new neighborhood and don't get to do much of anything other than hang out on that darn playstation. he goes to a different school than the kids in the neighborhood and i'm thinking that maybe if i change his school the next yr that he will be able to meet new friends a little easier. i don't know what to think any more, i'm so concerned about these two. need a little encourgagement or a little direction