View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 07:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Nina Kay
Still Standing

WW,
I can certainly understand from recent experience the feeling of a huge burden being lifted when they're arrested finally. It's our motherly protective trait that feels relief when we know that they have somewhere to be now and we know that they're safer there than they were out on the streets and even safer from themselves.

I can also understand the feeling of just wanting to run, hide and change my identity for a fresh start. That's always been my breaking down statement. We can't do that though because we have others that need us too. We can't just abandon them and it's true that we can't really run away from our problems. If we could do that, then we could just throw our non-functional loved ones away forever without any remorse. How I've wished many times, that I had the ability to do that!!!! But NO, this unconditional love thing just keeps hangin' on, even when you try your best to shake it !!!!!! Aaaaarrrrrrggggghhh !!!!!!!!!!

I even considered turning my son in, the other night, for his own safety, but then I thought that I might be getting in God's business again. So I managed to keep myself out of it, so far.

I do really know how sad you must be because I am too. We've just got to continue to believe that it's all going to work out for the best for our sons in the end. That's it's all going to happen when and how they need it to. Just keep hanging in there, just for today. You'll get through this and things will get better.
(((((((((((Caring & Understanding Hugs)))))))))))))