View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 08:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rahsue
remember to breathe

I saved his life tonight

well just another day at the o k corral
my husband had a motor cycle accident saturday and luckily is just fine. then on mothers day during my survivor reunion my ras decided to relapse. over 100 days clean. my daughter and I were watching the survivor reunion we heard a thump upstairs thought nothing of it for about 5 minutes then I thought I better see what that was. theres my "ras" in the shower well laying in the tub white as a ghost with blue lips, needle and spoon in there with him. I WAS SO CALM I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. I yelled for my other son and my poor sore husband to lift him out while my daughter dialed 911. I had to do cpr to get him breathing again. I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW CALM I WAS. I owe all of my calmness to this web site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I now know that I have learned acceptance of addiction. Maybe tomorrow I'll cry but I doubt it. Relapse is what it is. its up to him to get back on track not up to me. I was actually able to teach some of my family tonight that its his problem and shame not ours. I owe all of these feelings to all of you. I AM BETTER!!!!!!!!!!
I'll deal with whatever tomorrow. not that I have to. but I have to tell you one thing that was somewhat humorus the EMT's wanted to take him to the hospital and I said f--- that he's going to work tomorrow. after all was over I just started laughing that I said that.

well thats my big drama of the day (hopefully the big drama of my life)
I owe all and I mean all of my strength tonight to all of you

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART