View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
shockozulu
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
OK I don't get it--are we playing little kid games here?
--I shared with everyone my own personal knowledge and experience as an RN
don't worry I won't give anymore ofmy personal experiences as a mother or a nurse anylonger. My son is sober I don't need to be here anymore to be subjected to this crap.
If I post I will just use the standard around her''''''you are wonderful-take care of you''''''
Sorry wabbit that this happened to your post when you are already dealing with so much pressure.......PM me if you want to talk to an adult.
I have a close friend that has been a psych nurse for over 25 years. He also holds his PhD in psych. I can tell you that they will kick a patient out who is endangering the ward. Not all wards are locked up. Not all wards check every belonging a person brings in.

A person with an addict in the family must take care of themselves first. If they call the hospital everytime there addict is kicked out of a facility, mentally ill or not, all that happens is the relative gets thrown right back into the drama. In many cases, such as with my addicted mother, she will then know that I will do something for her if she calls in the future.

This is MY personal experience, and I am an adult.