View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 07:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lilya

Hi,

Do I ever know what youīre going through. I am going through an anxiety period and there seems to be no way to get a decent sleep. Iīm on drugs prescribed by my doctor and this is the highest dose Iīve had since after my divorce. I canīt wait to lower the dose - when things get better, but the problem is a higher dose wonīt help either.

I need to organise my work week and finish some projects, but I feel like a wreck with a dry mouth from all the drugs prescribed, that didnīt work.

I used to work in pshyciatric hospitals when I was a student to pay for the school fees and get experice (feel I belong there right now . Anyway, one of the first things I learned was that when patients are too wound up, nothing can get them down except a huge, huge dose, which is not recommendable. The trick is to work on the insomnia in the daytime, then sleep will come, but itīs hard.

I am increasing my powerwalking to one hour in the morning before I go to work and then yoga in the evening. I use DVD for that. Iīm going back to learning self-hypnosis and had my first appointment with a therapist.

Faith, do you know if there is a different name for Trazadone? We have different names in Europe for some of the drugs.

Based on former experience, doing these things during the daytime should make sleep easier. All I can say is that I symphatize and I relate to you.

Love and light,