View Single Post
Old 05-12-2007, 06:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sunflower

if you are sectioned for 72 hours they do not''kick you out" for ANY reason--they can't legally--he is a danger--they have to keep him.As far as his girlfriend getting in and bringing him herion--HOW? They don't allow them to have visitors and the unit is locked. If you went to visit--they search your bag etc...very secure.In the hospital I worked in she would have been arrested--but he still would have had to stay...how did she get acsess to him--they even guard you in the ER prior to getting a room---sounds fishy.
Remember after the 72 hours you can go before a judge and have his time extended to 30 days(against his will)and then you can do it again for another 30---you can even have him commited to a state mental institution for a year---horrible I know--but he will be clean won;t he...it at least gives him time to think clearly. And maybe none of it will work--who knows--but for over a year or a few months--you know where he is--you know he is eatting-has a roof over his head-individual and group counseling---some time for the fog to clear out of his brain. To me it's worth the try...I did it all short of the institution--because by then he was in recovery--but It was the next step and I would have done it to him--He is my son--I want him alive.